New Payroll System implementation
About LEO Pharma
Founded in 1908, LEO Pharma is an independent, research-based pharmaceutical company. With a vision of becoming the preferred dermatology care partner improving people’s lives around the world,
LEO Pharma develops, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical drugs to dermatologic and thrombotic patients in more than 100 countries globally.
LEO Pharma has its own sales force in 61 countries and employs around 5,000 employees worldwide. The company is headquartered in Denmark and is wholly owned by the LEO Foundation.
The existing payroll system was running out of support for LEO Pharma DK due to missing technical upgrade options.
As the SAP platform already had been implemented for several process areas in LEO Pharma, including the HR and financial administration, the integrated SAP Payroll solution for KMD Net Pay (KMD Nettoløn) was chosen.
The solution conceptually consisted of two parts – the gross payroll which is the same for every country in the world and a net pay component handling all legal country-specific requirements – such as tax calculation, leave handling, reporting to public authorities, like SKAT, Dansk Statistik etc. in Denmark.
For Denmark, the SAP certified Net Pay component is delivered by KMD A/S. It is branded as SAP KMD Nettolønsberegner. The component is the SAP certified solution integrated and developed as a SAP standard.
Because LEO Pharma had already invested in a SAP HCM solution, the integrated payroll will now give LEO Pharma less complexity in the IT management and a more effective administrative solution.
Also, LEO Pharma will experience the real benefit of SAP as an integrated Business Suite.
- A well-functioning and well-supported payroll system based on the already existing GLOBE platform.
- Automation of LEO Pharma’s core human resource processes – such as management insights, employee administration, payroll execution and legal reporting.
- Seamless interaction with current IT-landscape and standard functionality.
- ONE place where all information and tasks are available – not having to use different systems for the same kind of tasks.
- 18-month implementation
- The global system platform is based om SAP, and locally, third-party systems support different areas
“2BM was chosen to this project because of their many years of experience implementing SAP Nettoløn. Through a rough project with many up’s and down’s they have proved very professional and have stepped up whenever needed. The corporation between their consultants and our business resources as well as our project management has been extremely good”.Jeanette Fredheim